Post in Iran was in the form of "Bureau" before 1876 and all postal affairs have been done by this Bureau. Because of some success in that year, the "Bureau" was changed to the Ministry by the command of Naser-aldin Shah. By this command, Amin-almolk, the Minister of tasks and council, was elected for executing this ministry. After a year, in 1877, he resigned the Ministry of tasks and council to have more time for supervising the affairs of the new ministry. During the following years, this ministry was executed by Amin-almolk, as the minister and Mirza Rahim as the deputy.
In 1882, a lithographed booklet named "the Tariff of the Great Post Office of Iran" was published. There were some maps from all of the telegram offices, post offices, pony post roads and post network in that time in this booklet. According to the content of the booklet, in Iran there were 7 main and 5 secondary post lines.
After this year, it seems to have no major revision in that Bureau or Ministry of the Post but in its organizational and structural form. After the presidency of Amir Kabir, new revolutions appeared in the post of Iran. The posts of the Imperialists" activities were in suspension and the postmen did the post affairs fast and accurate according to the Amir"s discipline.
Post attained a new organization in 1906. Telegraph bureau was attached to the Post and the Ministry of Post and Telegraph formed. The first telephone patent assigned to Basir-ol-mamalek in 1900 and thus telephone worked in Tehran. In 1929, the Ministry of Post and Telegraph offered a proposal to the parliament for purchasing the stocks of Telephone Company. Then the Ministry of Post and Telegraph and Telephone was formed by pronouncing the permission and purchasing the stocks of Telephone Company in the end of ………,
After this year multilateral development had been done in this ministry till 2003. There were several subsidiary company and center which developed many evolutions and spread the communication situations by their ability and activity in post and telecommunication fields.
Simultaneous with passing the Bill of duties and responsibilities and renaming the ministry from "Ministry of P.T.T" to "Ministry of I.C.T" in 2003 by the parliament, and according to the structural reform of T.C.I, the new collection of laws, tasks and authorizations of this ministry was codified.
Thus 3 companies: Data Communication Company - renamed to I.C.T in 2005- T.I.C and M.C.I were established beside T.C.I.
Some of the evolutions are establishing T.C.I and I.R.I Post Company as well as organizing two organizations named I.S.A and C.R.A, and also establishing two councils named "High Council of IT" and "Space Council".
Ministers of the Revolution
1. Dr. Mohammad Eslami: He worked as the Minister of P.T.T in the transitional government.
2. Dr. Seyed Mahmoud Ghandi: He was appointed the dean of the Telecommunication College and then as the Minister of PTT by the council of the revolution.On 28.6.1981, he and 72 other officials were martyred at the Islamic Republic Party Central Office by an assassins attack.
3. Seyed Morteza Nabavi: He was appointed the Financial – Administrative Deputy of the Telecommunications Company of Iran in 1980 and then as the Minister of P.T.T.
4. Seyed Mohammad Gharazi: At 1981 he was appointed as the Minister of Petroleum and from 1985 to 1997 as the Minister of P.T.T.
5. Dr. Mohammad Reza Aref: From 1997 to 2000 he was the Minister of P.T.T.
6. Nasr-o-allah Jahangard: He was the supervisor of the Ministry of P.T.T from June to September of 2000.
7. Dr. Seyed Abdollah Mirtaheri: He was appointed as the supervisor of the Ministry of P.T.T. from September 2000 to January 2001.
8. Dr. Seyed Ahmad Motamedi: He was appointed as the Minister of I.C.T from January 2001 to September 2005.
9. Dr. Mohammad Soleimani: He was the Minister of I.C.T from September 2005 to September 2009.
10. Dr.Reza Taghipour : He was the Minister of I.C.T from 2009 to march2012
11.Dr.Mohammad hassan nami : He was the Minister of I.C.T form march212 to September 2012
12.Dr.Mahmmoud vaezi : He was the Minister of I.C.T form September212 to September 2017
13. mohammad javad azari jahromi : he is minister of ict